Due to the impact of Coronavirus we have made some significant changes to how we manage our seasonal immunisation programme for our patients over the past few years.
In light of the increased risk of flu and COVID-19 co-circulating each year, it is more important than ever that patients take up the options of all eligible vaccinations where appropriate, to protect vulnerable people and support the resilience of the NHS.
We are planning for our Autumn 2023 Flu, COVID-19 boosters, pneumonia and shingles vaccines this year, and these changes are designed to help achieve that as safely and as early as possible to help give the maximum protection to our patients.
In order to make this as safe and efficient as possible we will be holding a vaccination “event” on
Tuesday – 17th October 2023 at Gosforth Valley - by appointment only
Tuesday – 17th October 2023 at Moss Valley - by appointment only
at our Moss Valley (Eckington) and Gosforth Valley Practices (Dronfield)
You have been identified as eligible for at least one of these free vital vaccinations (Flu, COVID-19, pneumonia and/or shingles) and we encourage you to book a slot now. It's possible you may be eligible for up to 4 vaccines and it's safe to have more than one vaccination at the same time.
NHS England have provided guidance on the safe co-administration of the COVID-19 boosters and other vital vaccines. Our aim is to try and co-ordinate your vaccinations in one visit wherever possible. This may not always be possible due to logistical issues or stock availability, so please be prepared to potentially attend for additional appointments if multiple vaccinations are required to complete your protection.
If you already have online access to appointment bookings we have released this facility for vaccination slots only, and only on this date. If you do not have online access for bookings currently please contact reception and book your slot by telephone:
Moss Valley Eckington tel : 01246 439101
Gosforth Valley Dronfield tel : 01246 419040
Please read the following details carefully so that you can prepare for your vaccination slot:
- Your time slot appointment is fixed in order to ensure safe social distancing and keep queuing to safe and efficient levels. Please ensure you attend during this slot. Please do not ring the practice if you cannot attend or if you do not wish to attend.
- The queues may appear a little longer, but please do not be put off by this, THEY WILL MOVE VERY QUICKLY once patients are brought inside for vaccination. Please be patient, vaccination itself should only take around 2-3 minutes
- Some of the queues may be outside the building so please bring appropriate clothing for the weather and keep your distance from the patients in front and behind you. If possible wear a short-sleeved top underneath your coat to make vaccination in the upper arm more easily accessible.
- Do NOT attend if you are unwell or have a temperature, new cough, or loss/change of taste or smell.
- Parking at the Practice will be limited. Please try and find alternative parking prior to your slot or travel on foot if possible in order to reserve parking for those with mobility impairment or disabilities.
- Please do not attend if you haven’t received an invite for a particular time slot. We will not be able to vaccinate those patients who haven’t received an invite at the special vaccination clinic events. All eligible patients will be able to get vaccinated during the booster season but the event listed above is only for those patients identified and invited via text or letter.
- The type of vaccine you receive will depend upon your age and if you are also having a pneumococcal or shingles vaccine. You can find the product information leaflet details on the following websites:
Pneumococcal vaccine (pneumonia):
As a Practice we appreciate this has been an extremely difficult and challenging time for patients and staff during the pandemic and recovery. The seasonal vaccination programme has never been so important for the safety of patients, family and friends.
With your co-operation we hope to be able to deliver your annual vaccinations as safely and as efficiently as possible.
Thank you for your support
The Practice Team
The Valleys Medical Partnership