We aim to provide excellent care to our patients. Our charter is a statement of what you can expect from this practice and what we hope from you.
What you can expect from us:
- We will treat you with equality, respect and dignity, respect your privacy and treat you with confidentiality at all times.
- We will protect your data in line with the latest regulations.
- We will listen, involve you in decisions and give you a full and clear explanation of matters regarding your health.
- If you think you need an appointment we will help you access the care which is most appropriate for your needs.
- We will ensure that you are seen without unnecessary delay and that emergencies are prioritised.
- We will treat you with a professional standard of care, by appropriately qualified and experienced staff.
- We will refer you within appropriate time scales to secondary care where necessary.
- We will deal with any complaints according to the practice complaints procedure.
- We will visit you at home if we feel this is necessary.
- We will provide a chaperone for intimate examinations if you would like one or if the clinician feels this is appropriate.
- We will ensure that services are provided in a clean, safe environment.
- We are committed to continuous improvement in the quality of services you receive and welcome your comments.
- The practice is committed to making a positive contribution to the future of the NHS. As part of this we will have GP Registrars and Foundation Doctors in practice.
- As a training practice, medical students may be present. You can request not to be seen by a student.
- We will provide you with online access so you can view your records, access test results, book appointments and order repeat prescriptions.
As you know we are being asked to deliver these services fairly and with finite resources. We therefore ask for your cooperation in helping us to deliver these standards of care.
What we expect from you:
- We ask that where you can, you look after your own and your family’s health.
- Please treat us with courtesy and respect. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Please respond in a positive way to questions asked by reception staff. This will enable them to arrange the most appropriate care.
- Appointments must be booked and are for one person and one problem only.
- If your request is urgent please call us as early as possible in the morning.
- We ask that you attend your appointments on time or cancel them if you are unable to attend.
- If you are more than ten minutes late you may be asked to rebook.
- Home visits should only be requested if a patient is unfit to attend surgery and if at all possible requested before 10:30am.
- Please inform the practice regarding changes to address/contact details etc.
- Please allow 2 working days (excluding weekends & bank holidays) for us to process your repeat prescription requests.
- We ask that you adhere to any management plan agreed, take the medicines as prescribed and attend for necessary health checks and blood tests.