If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this Practice, please let us know.  We can only answer comments or complaints about matters regarding The Valleys Medical Partnership. We operate a Practice Complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints and our Complaints System meets the national standard.

How to Complain or make a comment

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE—ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks because this will help us to find out what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

You can make a comment or complaint by any of the following methods:

    • Complete a slip and post it in our Comments Box in the waiting room.

    • Write a letter to the Practice Manager.

    • Call us and ask to speak to the assistant practice manager.

    • Contact us via the link on the NHS Choices website.

Formal complaints should be submitted in writing and addressed to the Practice Manager. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Assistant Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns.  The Manager will explain the complaints procedure to you and ensure your concerns are dealt with.

What We Do

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have investigated within 10 working days of the date when you raised it with us if possible. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if appropriate; make sure you receive any apology if this is appropriate and take steps to make sure the problem does not arise again. You will receive a final letter setting out the results of any practice investigations.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this. Parents or legal guardians of young children may complain on their behalf.

Complaining to NHS England

You may find it helpful to contact Primary Care Issues, Concerns and Complaints on free phone 0300 311 22 33 if you find it difficult or are unsure about complaining.  Their address and telephone number is as follows:

NHS England, Box 16738, Redditch, Worcester, B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33


Taking it Further

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer the matter to:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP      

Complaints Helpline: 0345 015 4033

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website